Trade: Web Design
School: University of Toronto
"I have been interested in technology since I was young, and seeing people build things is fascinating to me. This had led me to learn computer programming. My goal is to become a researcher in the field of computer science, specifically in the field of artificial intelligence."
- I got involved in Skills Canada competitions in 2015 however I did not medal that year. I practiced a lot over the course of the following year and finally won the gold medal at SCNC 2016!
- Interesting fact about Jun: most of my work is done in pen and paper. I need to design and think about the structure of the program before doing any of the actual coding on my computer.
- I believe the following Essential Skills are instrumental in my field:
- Numeracy: computer programming is all about numbers and logic.
- Continuous learning: technology is ever involving therefore this is an Essential Skill for any computer programmer.
- Reading text: you must be able to understand what the client wants in order to be successful.
WorldSkills Team Canada Trials: Conestoga College, February 25-28, 2017